Welcome to Our Historic City
Chester, South Carolina is at the center of a growing county and diverse economic and agricultural region, with a rich, proud heritage and a progressive vision for the future. Come explore our picture perfect town and experience what makes Chester so special.
This web site has been created for the citizens, visitors, investors and newcomers to The City of Chester. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance.
Chester City Hall
100 West End Street
Chester, SC 29706
The Summer Olympics Family Games packet can be picked up at the Parks & Recreation Department, 161 West End Street. The packets are in a bin, outside the building, near the front doors.
The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control announced it is investigating new possible cases of the COVID-19 novel coronavirus. The total number of positive cases statewide is 39,587, including 200 in Chester County. Statewide, 777 deaths have been reported, including 1 in Chester County. If you have fever, cough or shortness of breath, call your doctor or healthcare provider to discuss your concerns or get medical care. You can also use MUSC Health’s virtual visit by using the promo code “COVID19.”
For general questions about COVID-19, the DHEC Care Line is here to help. Call 1-855-472-3432. Staff are answering calls from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. seven days a week.
As South Carolina public health officials continue to monitor the emerging outbreak of a novel coronavirus, now referred to as COVID-19. Here are some quick facts to help you with the best preventative measures.
For your information, please view the additional links provided:
- A letter from City Administrator concerning Governor McMaster’s Executive Order 2020-17 – Closure of Entertainment, Recreation, and Close-Contact Services
- A Community Letter From Mayor Stringfellow
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet
- Preventative Tips about Coronavirus
- Handwashing Tips
- Chester County School District Information
- MUSC COVID-19 Visitor Screening -Chester, Lancaster Div 3.11.20
- Duke Energy News Release 3-15-2020
- 3-16-20 Notice of City Cancellations
- DHEC COVID-19 Monitoring per County
- Chester County Library Information
- Chester County Government Information
- LISC Small Business Relief Grants
- Childcare Vouchers for Essential Employees
- SCDHEC The Use of Cloth Face Coverings
- CDC Considerations for Wearing Cloth Face Coverings
City of Chester Forms
|Business License Application|
|Owner Builder Form|
|Building Permit Application|
|Sign Permit Application|
|Evergreen Cemetery Burial Permit|
|Evergreen Cemetery Lot Purchase Agreement|
|Agenda Item Request Form-Fillable|