The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control announced it is investigating new possible cases of the COVID-19 novel coronavirus. The total number of positive cases statewide is 10,416, including 55 in Chester County. Statewide, 446 deaths have been reported.
If you have fever, cough or shortness of breath, call your doctor or healthcare provider to discuss your concerns or get medical care. You can also use MUSC Health’s virtual visit by using the promo code “COVID19.”
For general questions about COVID-19, the DHEC Care Line is here to help. Call 1-855-472-3432. Staff are answering calls from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. seven days a week.
As South Carolina public health officials continue to monitor the emerging outbreak of a novel coronavirus, now referred to as COVID-19. Here are some quick facts to help you with the best preventative measures.
To stay updated with the latest information, please visit scdhec.gov/COVID19 to learn more about the virus.
For your information, please view the additional links provided:
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet
- Preventative Tips about Coronavirus
- Handwashing Tips
- Chester County School District Information
- MUSC COVID-19 Visitor Screening -Chester, Lancaster Div 3.11.20
- Duke Energy News Release 3-15-2020
- 3-16-20 Notice of City Cancellations
- DHEC COVID-19 Monitoring per County
- Chester County Government Information